Hi, this page will tell you a little about me, Ernest (Stephen) Colding.
All my friends call me Steve.
A little description on how I learned how to play.
The lesson here is how chess can bring people together regardless of race, creed, religion or ideology. Chess players are only interested in the quality of their opponents brains.
“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
I have vast and deep experience teaching chess to children. I have been teaching chess for over 30 years. Some of the organizations I have worked with or consulted with are:
- Chess in the Schools
- Manhattan Chess Club
- The New York Public Library
- Chase manhattan Bank Sports and Arts Festival (900 in 50 school over 3 days Whew!)
- New York Department Of Education (School Vendor)
- Unicef International Children’s Emergency Fund
- Children of Chernobyl Fund
- The Right Move
- PS 9
- Elmhurst Hospital
- Rhode Island Scholastic State Scholastic Championship
- PS 282 (Head Coach)
- IS 228 (Head Coach)
- Browning School
- Trinity School
- and many, many more
I am an experienced tournament Director and has served as an Assistant International Arbiter. I am also a National Master ranked both Nationally and Internationally.